Boundaries Recommended For New School - Updated 9/15/16
The District is postponing the public hearing, originally scheduled for Monday, Sept. 19, while RISD leadership further evaluates options for enrollment growth in the White Rock Elementary attendance zone.
Read the message from Dr. Stone
View the Lake Highlands enrollment growth website
At its September 12 meeting, the RISD Board heard attendance boundary recommendations for the new elementary school planned for White Rock Trail. The boundaries were drawn from within White Rock Elementary's existing attendance boundaries, and considered criteria previously provided by the Board of Trustees, including:
- Addressing current and projected overcrowding at White Rock Elementary
- Prioritize student safety to & from school
- Utilize geographical landmarks and major streets
- Maintain existing socio-economic and racial diversity
- Consider existing neighborhoods and homeowner associations
Also at the meeting, the Board directed architects to proceed with design of a two story configuration that would not require a zoning variance.
View the recommended boundaries
Provide feedback to the Board about the new boundaries